A smile is probably one of the first things people notice about someone when they meet you the first time. So, it is important to ensure that one's teeth and smile always look their best. However, a damaged or missing tooth can affect the aesthetics and functionality of the teeth.
If you have one or several missing teeth, dental implants can help restore them. For those who wish to restore their multiple teeth in the mouth, all-on-4 dental implants are an advanced treatment option. With all-on-4 implant treatments, patients can have new, restored teeth in a single day.
All-on-4 dental implants
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure or teeth-in-a-day is beneficial for patients who have lost the complete arch of teeth in the upper jaw or lower jaw. In this procedure, our dentist places four dental implant posts in the patient's mouth to offer the best support to the jaw bone, after which a fully functional denture is placed on its top and connected to the implants.
In the procedure, there is no need for bone graft surgery as the implants are strategically placed in the mouth. This enables even those people who were formerly not eligible for implant procedures to enjoy the benefits of all-on-4.
Benefits of all-on-4 implants
The benefits offered by all-on-4 dental implants are as follows:
- A new set of fully-functioning teeth in a single visit.
- Enhances one's appearance with aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking teeth almost instantly.
- Allows the patient to have any food without restrictions.
- Gives a long-lasting, permanent natural restoration of teeth.
- Saves the individual from various health issues associated with lost teeth.
- All-on-4 implants are easy to care for.
- With all-on-4 implants, the entire arch in the mouth can be restored.
- With all-on-4 implant treatment, the patient does not need any bone grafting procedures, unlike the case of conventional dental implants.
Who can undergo an all-on-4 implant treatment?
For determining one's candidacy for dental implants, our dentist will conduct a thorough examination of the patient's teeth and gums. A patient should meet all these criteria for being an ideal candidate for all-on-4 implant treatment:
- should have a strong immune system and excellent oral health.
- the entire arch or most of the teeth should be lost in the upper jaw or lower jaw
- should have sound gums and sufficient jawbone health
- should not have gum disease
- is a non-smoker
All those who have lost a significant number of teeth in the mouth and meet the above-mentioned criteria can be considered as ideal candidates for all-on-4 dental implant treatment. The treatment offers cost-effective and dependable treatment to replace several lost teeth.
Procedure for the all-on-4 procedure
If the patient has decayed or damaged teeth, they need to be extracted first before starting the all-on-4 procedure.
During the implant procedure, we administer local anesthesia to numb the patient's gums and ensure maximum comfort during the procedure. Once the area is numbed, we make incisions in the gums of the patient to create enough space for the implants. With the help of dental technology, we insert the titanium posts into the patient's jawbone and guide the correct placement of the dental implants. Once the implants are placed, the incision areas are properly sutured, and the dental restorations are placed over them.
The all-on-4 dental implants procedure helps restore the smile of those with several missing teeth. If you are interested to know more, call Ken Caryl Dentistry at (303) 9735280 or schedule an online appointment. Email us at: [email protected] to know more about all-on-4 dental implants.